These are some of the things we do in the Community:
- Mini University Leadership program View Kiwanis Kids Leadership Challenge Camp Slideshow
- Baby Sitter training in conjunction with the Brandon fire Dept.
- Learn Not to Burn - fire safety program in conjunction with the Brandon Fire Dept.
- Support for the Brandon School Division "Food for Thought" program
- Support the Helping Hands Soup Kitchen
- Scholarships to the Brandon University and Assiniboine Community College
- Support the Assiniboine Kiwanis – “Read Around the World” program.
- Westman Kiwanis Court – social housing apartment complex especially for persons with disabilities
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Brandon Youth Curling
- Navy League Cadets
- YAC youth program through the city of Brandon
- Brandon Regional Health Centre
- Youth for Christ (literacy group)
- Brandon City Police Halloween Monster Mash youth event
- Elsebeth Reid Family Resource Centre
- Scholarships to Brandon University and Brandon Festival of the Arts
- Support for Community Mobilization Westman
- Big Brothers and Sisters Youth Bowling
- Marquis Project Youth Education
- YMCA and YWCA youth activity programs
Donations Have been made to these Brandon & District Organizations
Kiwanis International World Wide Projects - Stamp out Neo Natal Tetanus.
Poster delivery for Provincial Exhibition/Keystone Centre Events
The Provincial Exhibition of Manitoba hosts 3 major events annually:
Royal Manitoba Fair -March
Summer Fair -June
Manitoba Livestock Expo -November
The Kiwanis Club of Brandon delivers posters for these events as well as some other major events hosted by the Keystone Centre in Brandon.
Rideau Park Pavilion
To celebrate and commemorate the 100th anniversary of Kiwanis in Brandon, the Club, in conjunction with the City of Brandon and numerous partners constructed a pavilion in Rideau Park, available to users of the Park, and large enough to accommodate family gatherings, weddings, and other celebrations, and also recognizes our close physical attachment to this area where we hold our annual Kar Derby event.
Louise-Laurence Accessible Playground/Park
Children in Brandon have a brand new park to call their own, the Kiwanis Children’s Park at the corner of Louise and Laurence avenues. This park has something for everyone, including separate junior and senior play areas, a pavilion for families to relax in or picnic while watching their children play, and even a seniors corner with horseshoe pitch and shelter. The park was designed by the Kiwanis Club in consultation with the City, and is fully accessible and wheelchair friendly. Not only did Kiwanians raise nearly $400,000 in the midst of the pandemic to complete the park, but even constructed the play equipment with their own hands. We can’t wait to see children having the time of their life in this new facility.